PCS no. 02842
Duplosan KV controls a wide range of broad-leaved weeds in turf and grassland including weeds that are commonly considered to be problematic (e.g. common chickweed, mouse ear, nettles, plantain and speedwells).
The active substance, Mecoprop-P, is most effective when weeds are young, between the cotyledon and two leaf stage. Because the active substance is relocated throughout the plant systemically Duplosan KV will affect both the roots and shoots of susceptible plants by disrupting growth processes. This results in the effective control of all susceptible broad leaved weeds.
|Product Name||Duplosan KV|
|Active Substances||600 g/L Mecoprop-P|
|Areas of Use||Amenity grassland, grassland (seed crop) and managed amenity turf|
|Mode of Action Group||Group O: Synthetic auxins|
Instructions for Use
Where to use:
- Amenity grassland – Areas of semi-natural or planted grassland subject to minimal or non-intensive management including airfields and predominantly grassed railway embankments and roadside verges.
- Grassland (seed crop) – Grass crop grown for seed destined for propagation only.
- Managed amenity turf – Areas of frequently mown, (i.e. mown at least one a week) intensively managed turf, including fields being used for turf production. May include areas for public use including all types of sports turf, golf greens, tees and fairways.
When to use:
Apply to actively growing grass (normally between April to September) when the soil is warm and moist and will continue to be so for several days after application.
How to use:
- Half fill the spray tank with water.
- Start agitation of the tank and pour in the required amount of Duplosan KV.
- Add the remaining water and continue agitation until spraying is completed.
|Crop||Maximum Treatments||Application Method||Application Rate||Water Volume||Spray Quality|
|Amenity Grassland||2 per annum||Mounted boom sprayer||2.4 L/ha||185-330 L/ha||Medium|
|Handheld sprayer||2.4 L/ha||480 L/ha (minimum)||Medium|
|Grassland (seed crop)||1 per annum||Mounted boom sprayer||1.5-2.5 L/ha||185-330 L/ha||Medium|
|Managed Amenity Turf||2 per annum||Mounted boom sprayer||1.5-2.4 L/ha||185-400 L/ha||Medium|
|Handheld sprayer||1.5-2.4 L/ha||480 L/ha (minimum)||Medium|
- Do not cut amenity grassland at least one week before or after spraying.
- For managed amenity turf use the higher application rate on larger weeds or where weeds or crop are dense.
- Ensure that turf is established before applying.
- Do not apply to turf that is under stress.
- As weeds become larger and/or crop cover increases, increase the water volume used.
- Control is best achieved by applying to weeds which are between the cotyledon to two leaf stage.
Active Substances – Mecoprop-P
Bio-Chemical Mode of Action: Mecoprop-P belongs to the synthetic auxins group of herbicides.
Synthetic auxins work by inducing rapid abnormal cell growth and development in the stems, petioles and leaves of susceptible plants causing cell bursts and ultimately cell and plant death.
Mobility: Mecoprop-P is a systemic penetrant which means that the active substance can be translocated downwards through the plant within the phloem (sugar conducting tissues) and upwards through the plant within the xylem (water conducting tissues).
Application Timing: Systemic auxins are best applied when the weeds are actively growing. They are generally more effective when target plants are younger and in their vegetative phases.
Resistance: The incidences of resistance to synthetic auxins remains relatively low which is assumed to be because the herbicide has multiple sites of action.
However, resistance to synthetic auxins has been observed globally with 36 species being confirmed as resistant as of 2017. Best management practices, such as alternating with products with a different mode of action and using cultural weed control methods, will help to reduce the risk of further resistance.
SUD Directive: The purchaser and/or end users are responsible for ensuring that these products are used in line with industry Approved Codes of Practice. Icade Herbicide is for use only by a Professional User registered under the Sustainable Use of Pesticides Directive
How to register as a Professional User under the Sustainable Use of Pesticides Directive
Please read the Safety Data Sheet provided in the Technical Information tab.
For further information on Duplosan KV Herbicide, please contact a member of our technical team on +353 (0)1 841 7399.