EGP Premier Wicket Grass Seed 20kg
Also available in: 10 kg Bag Size
EGP Premier Wicket is excellent for lawns that sustain severe wear as well as cricket squares, tennis courts, golf tees, and other surfaces that require robust growing conditions. Two perennial ryegrass varieties that offer good color and shoot density make up the mixture, which creates a durable surface ideal for cricket pitches and other heavy traffic areas.
|Sowing rate (g/m2)||Overseeding rate (g/m2)||Sowing depth (mm)||Mowing height (mm)||Bag weight (kg)||Bag coverage (m2)|
|35 – 75||25 – 75||10 – 15||4 – 20||20||800 – 267|
|50||Dickens||Dwarf Perennial Ryegrass|
|50||Eventus||Dwarf Perennial Ryegrass|
|All cultivars chosen in this mixture are independently tested and rated for performance by the Sports Turf Research Institute.|
How to Use
- Sow when soil temperatures are high enough for germination.
- Prepare the surface and sow the seeds using the correct rate and depth for the mixture.
- For best results use a disc seeder or a studded seed roller.
- If no rain is imminently forecast, irrigate the area until the top 10 mm of soil is wet but water is not pooling.
- For at least 2 – 3 weeks ensure that the surface remains moist but not waterlogged.
- Make the first cut when the seedlings have three leaves, removing no more than one third of the leaf height.
- Continue to cut 1 – 2 times per week removing no more than one third of the lead height each time, gradually reducing the grass plants down to the desired height of cut.
- Prepare the existing turf by removing excess thatch and limiting irrigation and fertilisation.
- Apply using the correct overseeding rate.
If you require any further information regarding EGP Premier Wicket Grass Seed, contact our technical sales team on +353 1 841 7399.
Terms and Conditions of sale
All mixtures/individual varieties are offered strictly subject to safe harvest, final certification and remaining unsold on receipt of orders.
We reserve the right to substitute cultivars with alternative, appropriate cultivars should availability become limited. Bags may not look like image above.