EGP Pro Elite Stress Control Grass Seed 20kg
EGP Pro Elite Stress Control uses a tetraploid perennial rye-grass bred especially for rapid installation and stress tolerance. The tetraploid cultivars establish rapidly even under low soil temperatures and root deeply to assist with drought tolerance and disease resistance. The diploid cultivar in the mix delivers high shoot density and increased wear tolerance.
EGP Pro Elite Stress Control grass seed produces stronger seedlings with faster establishment, resulting in less chances for the establishment of weeds. This is the perfect oversowing choice for perennial ryegrass applications.
|Sowing Rate (g/m2)||Overseeding Rate (g/m2)||Mowing Height (mm)|
|35 – 75||10 – 50||Down to 12|
|25||Fabian||Tetraploid Perennial Ryegrass|
|25||Double||Tetraploid Perennial Ryegrass|
|All cultivars chosen in this mixture are independently tested and rated for performance by the Sports Turf Research Institute.|
Pro Elite Stress Control Grass Seed Features
- Better sward quality after summer stress
- Better sward quality after winter stress
- Reduced fertiliser and chemical input costs
- Excellent winter behaviour
- Rapid installation
- Excellent disease resistance
- Good wear tolerance
- Glossy dark green colour
- Fast green-up
How to Use
- Sow when soil temperatures are high enough for germination.
- Prepare the surface and sow the seeds using the correct rate and depth for the mixture.
- For best results use a disc seeder or a studded seed roller.
- If no rain is imminently forecast, irrigate the area until the top 10 mm of soil is wet but water is not pooling.
- For at least 2 – 3 weeks ensure that the surface remains moist but not waterlogged.
- Make the first cut when the seedlings have three leaves, removing no more than one third of the leaf height.
- Continue to cut 1 – 2 times per week removing no more than one third of the lead height each time, gradually reducing the grass plants down to the desired height of cut.
- Prepare the existing turf by removing excess thatch and limiting irrigation and fertilisation.
- Apply using the correct overseeding rate.
If you require any further information regarding EGP Pro Elite Stress Control Grass Seed, contact our technical sales team on +353 1 841 7399. *Please note, seed packaging may vary to the picture displayed on the page.