Whiptec Ventilated Tree Shelters
The Whiptec ventilated tree shelter tubes are constructed from the same material as the standard Whiptec shelters but with one main difference. The Whiptec ventilated shelters have perforated holes for the top two-thirds of the tube. These vents provide an added benefit by helping aid trunk development by allowing them to adjust to the natural wind-rock of the area.
The design of these shelters makes them especially suited for more exposed planting sites where there is a large contrast between external conditions and the conditions within the tree tube. The ventilated top half acclimatises the tree to potential harsh winds and the environment whilst the bottom third of the tube, protects the tree from the use of herbicides being sprayed in the surrounding area. Suitable for use in forestry, landscaping, on road verges and for many other applications.
These Whiptec Ventilated Tree Guards come complete with Releasable Cable Ties.
Bulk discounts available – please contact us directly for a quote.
Features & Benefits
- The polypropylene tubes of Whiptec tree guards are recyclable
- Whiptec Tree Guards have been assessed and certified as meeting the requirements of NP EN ISO 9001:2015
- Manufactured from UV-stabilised photodegradable polypropylene
- Twin-wall tube construction
- Ventilation at the top end of the shelter
- Microclimate provided for the bottom third of the tree shelter
- Pre-fitted with releasable tree ties (three as standard on the 1.5 m and 1.8 m tubes for additional stability on taller tubes)
- Green colour allows the correct balance of light wavelengths to be absorbed by the tree – a process called photomorphogenesis
- UV-stabilised to provide an estimated lifespan of 5 – 7 years (please note this can vary depending on location, climate and site conditions)
- Flared upper rim to minimise stem bark abrasion
- Sold in packs (nests) of 5
|Sizes Available (cm)
|76 – 105
|Nests of 5
|76 – 105
|Nests of 5
View our range of Tree Stakes here.
For further information on the Whiptec Ventilated Tree Guards, please contact a member of our technical sales team on +353 (0)1 841 7399